- In a wok, combine the sauce ingredients and stir fry until fragrant and the palm sugar has dissolved. Check for seasoning and adjust by adding more tamarind or palm sugar.
- Remove the sauce and allow to cool down.
- Boil the rice noodles until they are a little under cooked before draining the water and shocking the noodles in cold water. Set aside.
- In a wok, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and stir fry the chicken strip and prawns for about 2 mins before removing from the wok and setting aside.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and cook the onions for about 1 minute before adding in the garlic.
- Add in the noodles and another tablespoon of vegetable oil and continue to cook for another 2 mins before adding in 3 to 4 tbsps of the sauce.
- Cook for another minute before returning in the chicken and prawns and frying for few mins. Push all of the ingredients in the wok to one side and then place some vegetable oil in to the gap before cracking in a egg.
- Scramble the egg and continue to cook it for a few seconds before mixing it in with the rest of the other ingredients.
- Add in half of the bean sprouts and carrots, as well as the green onions and continue to fry for another minute.
- Test that the noodles are the right consistency before taking off of the heat.
- Plate the cooked Pad Thai and garnish with lime wedges, crushed peanuts, chilli flakes and more bean sprouts and carrots if need be.