- Combine salt, pepper and sugar in a small bowl and mix well with the cubed beef to prepare for marinade.
- Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and lemongrass in a bowl, pour over and mix well with seasoned beef.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1-3 hrs.
For the Pickled Red Onions
- In small glass bowl, mix vinegar, salt and sugar until sugar is dissolved, then add the sliced red onions, mix well, cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hrs to pickle.
For the Tomato Rice
- Using a frypan with oil, cook garlic over a high heat until fragrant.
- Add the cooked and cooled rice and toss for about 1 min.
- Gradually add the fish sauce and tomato paste and toss until the rice is evenly coloured.
- Cook for a further 3 mins and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove the lemongrass from marinade and actively stir fry the beef in an oiled wok over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 mins, or until caramelized on the outside and tender inside.
- Assemble the dinner bowls with tomato rice, vegetables (cucumber, tomato, cherry tomato, radish, watercress, coriander and drained picked onions), and top with spring onion and chilli as desired. Serve and enjoy!