To Make Pickled Lemon
- In a large bowl, mix the vinegar with enough water to fill ¾ of the bowl. Wash the lemons in the water, then rinse under running water.
- Slice the lemons lengthwise into 4 segments without cutting all the way through.
- Rinse a jar with boiled water to sterilise. Add ½ tsp salt to the bottom of the jar.
- Rub ½ tsp salt into the lemon. Place the lemon into the jar, pressing down to spread out the quartered lemon and to squeeze out some of the juice. Sprinkle another ½ tsp salt over the lemon.
- Repeat with remaining lemons until jar is full. Pour in boiled water to cover the lemons. Rotate jar to dissolve salt.
- Leave to pickle for 3 weeks, rotating the jar a few times every day.
- Slice ½ pickled lemon and add it to a glass. Pour in soda water and top with ice. Enjoy cold.