- Place pickling ingredients in a small bowl and let them sit for 15-20 mins, before draining out and leaving shallots and chilli.
- Heat up a small frying pan with oil and sauté the chopped shallots and minced garlic for 2 mins.
- Remove and set aside but leave oil in the pan. Toss in the soaked dried shrimps and cook until they are slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Pour in fish sauce and sugar into the same pan and let it come to a boil.
- Toss dried shrimps back into pan and cook until it caramelised. Set aside to let it cool slightly.
- Make the nuoc cham sauce by combining all ingredients together.
- Place shredded mango, carrot, prawns, mints, crushed peanuts, the fried garlic and shallots, pickled shallots and chillies, caramelised dried shrimps in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat and mix in nuoc cham sauce until well combined. Serve immediately.