- Cut carrots and daikon to sticks of desired length.
- Sprinkle salt over carrot and daikon sticks and toss to mix well. Set aside for 15-30 mins.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and squeeze gently to remove excess liquid. Arrange carrot and daikon sticks in jars.
- Dissolve sugar in hot water, add the remaining vinegar and water, and stir to combine.
- Pour pickling vinegar into the jars until the carrots and daikon is submerged. Seal and store at room temperature until pickled to taste; about 1-2 days.
- When ready, refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or until veggies lose their crunch or become too sour.