- Comb through the fresh wide rice noodles to separate any clumps.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fry for about 10 secs or so, making sure it sizzles in the hot oil.
- Add the sliced chicken to the wok and stir-fry for it about a minute until the chicken is well cooked.
- Now, turn the heat down and toss in the rice noodles, Chinese broccoli, sugar and all the sauces.
- While still on low heat, fold the noodles gently by picking them up with the spatula from the bottom, and folding them over. Try not to fry it too hard as the stickiness of the noodles can turn them into a big blob.
- Cook the noodles for about 1 -2 mins. Drizzle a tiny bit of water if the noodles get too dry.
- After the noodles are well mixed, push the noodles to one side of the wok with the spatula and crack an egg onto the now empty side.
- Turn up the heat to char the noodles and egg a little for more flavour.
- Scramble the egg, and then fold the noodles onto the egg when it’s half cooked. Let the heat sear the egg for a few seconds and then start folding the noodles and egg together. On high heat, you should get a little char to both the noodles and the egg.
- Continue to fry for about 30 secs and then turn off the heat and dish it out.
- Garnish your pad see euw with a freshly ground pepper, chili flakes and vinegar (optional) to taste.