- Mix all Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Then add chicken and mix to coat evenly. Leave to marinate for at least 15 mins.
To Wrap the Chicken
- Start folding with the non-shiny side up. Fold one end of the leaf back to form a small cone cup,
- Using a chopstick, put about 1-2 pcs of chicken into the cone cup,
- Bring the longer part of the leaf down to the front and back so that it wraps the chicken securely in the cone cup,
- Take the same part of the leaf and slowly insert into the wrap from the bottom and out through the top,
- Gently pull the leaf through and cut the excess part, leaving about 2 inches length. To make it more secure, insert the skewer through the centre. Repeat the process until all the chicken has been used.
- In a wok, heat oil and deep-fry chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- In a small pot, mix all ingredients and bring to boil. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced to a thick gravy.
- Serve pandan wrapped chicken with the gravy on the side.