- For Hang Lay paste, pound all ingredients until become fine paste.
- Marinade pork meat with soy sauce and the curry paste 1 hr prior, or overnight in refrigerator.
- Brown the marinade meat over medium low heat until the surface is closed. Transfer to a saucepan, adding water, raise up the heat and cook until the meat is well cooked and softens.
- Combine ginger and garlic, mix well continue simmering until the sauce reduces.
- Add tamarind puree and salt, mix well. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve this Thai northern curry with rice or sticky rice and salad.
- Hint : Chicken thigh fillet can substitute pork meat, reducing 1 cup of water.