To Make the Chicken and Broth:
- Pour 10-12 cups of water in a large pot and bring to boil. Add salt, coriander roots and the chicken. Add more water if needed to cover the chicken, then lower the heat to simmer about 30-45 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and set aside to rest. De-bone and slice to pieces to serve.
- Strain the chicken broth and reserve for later.
To Make the Rice:
- In a rice cooker, place the rice and add the fried garlic, ginger, and bruised cilantro roots on top. Add additional salt (adjust from chicken broth’s taste) or ground white pepper if desired.
- Add chicken broth (adjust if needed) and cook the rice in your usual fashion until it is done.
To Make the Dipping Sauce:
- Mix all sauce ingredients until well combined (adjust taste as needed).
To Make the Soup:
- Heat the chicken broth and water over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped vegetable and cook about 10 mins or until tender. Adjust the taste with fish sauce if needed and serve with chopped cilantro.
- Plate a serve of rice with sliced chicken at the side.
- Serve with the soup, dipping sauce, cucumber slices, and garnish with a sprig of coriander.