- Boil water in a small pot. Add salt then blanch the chicken until cook through. Drain the chicken and let it cool. Once cool, shred the chicken then set aside.
- In a blender, combine the cooked rice and half of the chicken stock. Blend it to your desired consistency but not until puree.
- Pour the blended rice into a pot and add the remaining stock, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Simmer the rice for 10-20 mins, depending on how soft and smooth or thick you want the texture to be.
- Remember to stir frequently to avoid the base getting burn.
- While the rice is simmering, add the shredded chicken.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Scoop the hot congee into a bowl, crack an egg into it and sprinkle with chopped spring onion. Serve immediately.
- Make sure the egg is mixed with boiling-hot congee to cook it.