To Make Broth
- Dry fry galangal, coriander roots, coriander seeds, cinnamon, star anise and peppercorn until fragrant.
- Add onion and garlic, fry until slightly charred.
- Add 3L water and bring to boil.
- Once boiled, add daikon, pandan leaves, chicken, pork and seasoning.
- Bring broth back to boil, skim off froth from the meat.
- Simmer broth for 2 hrs, add the remaining 1L water and continue boiling for another hr.
- Taste the broth and add seasoning if required.
- Strain the broth and it is now ready for the noodles.
To Marinate Pork
- In a bowl, mix the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and oil together.
- Place the sliced pork tenderloin and mix thoroughly.
- Set aside and marinate for minimum 15 mins to 1 hr.
- Blanch the noodles, bean sprouts and spinach in boiling water, then separate them into individual serving bowl.
- In the simmering broth, add in the meatballs and marinated pork, stir them until cooked. Once cooked, divide them evenly onto the serving bowls.
- Add the fresh Thai basil and pour the broth into the serving bowls.
- Add fried garlic and oil, top with coriander, pork cracklings and chilli flakes/powder (optional) and serve immediately.