To Make Meatballs
- Combine all meatball ingredients and mix well. Marinate for 30 mins.
- Roll the mixture into small meatballs and place on a tray or plate. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add lemongrass stem, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, chillies, spring onion and garlic. Fry for 3-4 mins until fragrant.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Add meatballs, bring to boil, then reduce to simmer for 15 mins.
- Add lime juice and fish sauce, stir to mix well.
- Blanch bok choy and set aside.
- Blanch thick rice vermicelli in hot water until soft, drain and set aside.
- Divide blanched noodles and bok choy to serving bowls.
- Ladle the hot broth and meatballs into the bowls.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sliced chillies before serving.