- In a mixing bowl, combine the fish sauce, palm sugar, tamarind juice and lime juice and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Using a pestle and mortar, mash the chilli, garlic and shrimps together until the shrimps break in to smaller pieces. Add them in to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the snake beans, shredded papaya, tomatoes, carrots and dressing together. Mix well before adding in the dressing and then mixing again.
- In another bowl, pour enough flour to coat the crabs. Season the flour and mix well before coating the crabs and setting aside.
- Heat enough oil to fry the crabs with in a pot over a medium-high heat. Cook the crabs until they are golden and crunchy.
- When the crabs have cooked, remove them from the oil and let drain over paper towels.
- Plate the salad and place the deep fried crabs above it. Garnish with more crushed cashew nuts and more chilli.