- In a large pot, add 3.5L water, pork bones, smashed garlic, salt, peppercorns, coriander seeds and pork bouillon. Bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 30 mins. Change the heat to medium to simmer for a minimum of 2 hrs.
- In a medium bowl, mix the roast red pork powder with water until the powder has dissolved. Take half of the pork and marinate it in this mixture for at least 1 hr. Preheat the oven to 200°C and cook the pork for approximately 20 mins, or until it is done.
- Put the other half of the pork tenderloin in a blender. Blend. Add the thin soy sauce and ground white pepper to the pork in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Bring a pot of water to a light boil. Blanch the pork until it is finished cooking.
- Heat a pan with some oil at medium heat. Add the finely chopped garlic when the pan is hot. Fry the garlic until it is golden brown. Separate the fried garlic and garlic oil into two different bowls.
- Cook the rice noodles by placing in boiling water for 10 secs. Rinse in cold water afterwards to make sure they don’t become too soggy.
- Taste the pork broth and add white sugar, white pepper and fish sauce to taste.
- To serve, divide the noodles into the serving bowls. Add the BBQ pork, ground pork, bean sprouts, coriander, fried garlic and chilli flakes on top.
- Ladle the pork broth on top of everything. Drizzle some of the garlic oil on top of the noodles.
- Serve while hot.