- Heat up 1 tsp oil in a pan on medium heat then add Massaman curry paste. Cook until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, ½ tbsp tamarind paste, ½ tbsp sugar. Bring to boil, then add fish sauce. Set aside.
- Add 1 tsp oil in medium heat pan, then add sliced onion and continue cooking for 30 secs.
- Add purple cabbage, 1 tbsp tamarind paste, 1 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to high, and continue cooking and stirring for 2-3 mins.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp oil on medium heat pan, then put the salmon skin side down first. Cook each side for 2-3 mins.
- To serve, plate sauteed purple cabbage, salmon and Massaman curry sauce. Finish by sprinkling roasted cashew nuts on top.