- Mix the chicken breast in 2 tbsp of the oil, sliced garlic, chilli and lemongrass and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place 2 tbsp of the oil in to a pan and cook the chicken skin side down so that it becomes crispy. Once it has become crispy, sear the remaining sides of the chicken breast and then transfer into an oven for 10 minutes at 180℃.
- Add the last of the oil in to the pan and fry the onions till they start to brown. Add the coconut milk to the pan and let the sauce reach a simmer.
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, tamarind and palm sugar. Stir and continue to simmer until the palm sugar has dissolved fully.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, blanch the vermicelli noodles.
- To serve, spoon the sauce mixture onto a plate, place the vermicelli noodles on top of the sauce, and finish with slices of the chicken. Garnish with basil and chillies.