- Heat 1½ tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and fry for 30 secs on each side.
- Add chicken and continue to fry until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add Pad Thai sauce and continue cooking for 30 secs or until fragrant.
- Add tamarind, palm sugar, water and Squid Brand Fish Sauce, and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add in the noodles and continue cooking for about 2 mins or until the noodles soften then gently push the noodles to one side of the pan.
- On the empty side of the pan, add the remaining oil and once heated, add egg and slowly scramble for 30 secs then mix well with noodles.
- Add bean sprouts and chives, and mix through (set aside some fresh bean sprouts and chives to garnish the dish).
- Plate Pad Thai noodles and serve with peanuts, lime wedges, a side of sugar and chilli flakes. Garnish with set aside bean sprout and chives.