- For the dressing, create a paste in a mortar and pestle by pounding the garlic, chillies and coriander root.
- Add the palm sugar and lightly grind until dissolved.
- Add the fish sauce and lime juice and pound until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Cook the minced chicken in a small saucepan of boiling water for 3 mins or until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, then cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 2 mins. Drain well and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing, chicken and dried shrimp and mix well, then add the spring onion, coriander, shallot and peanuts and combine.
- Use the chilli and extra coriander as garnish on top and serve.