To Make Whipped Cream
- In a medium bowl, add in the cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until it forms soft peaks. Set aside.
To Make Matcha Cream
- In a medium bowl, add in the cream, icing sugar and sift in the matcha powder. Whisk until it forms soft peaks. Set aside.
For Matcha Syrup
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil, then simmer for 3 mins. Remove from heat and let cool
- Sift in matcha powder and whisk until well combined.
To Prep Sponge Cake
- Use a cake leveller or serrated knife to cut the sponge cake to about 1.5cm thick, then use a serving glass to cut out the circles from the sponge cake.
- Place a piece of round sponge cake at the bottom of the serving glass. Scoop some matcha syrup over the cake for it to soak.
- Pipe a layer of matcha cream and then a layer of whipped cream on top. Repeat until you reach the top of the glass.
- Add a layer of red bean paste. You may add a little water to the red bean paste if it is too thick.
- Top with matcha ice cream and serve immediately.