- Preheat oven at 155°C. Line the bottom of a 20cm round cake pan and grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, add in the egg yolks, milk and oil, whisk until well combined.
- Sift in the cake flour and matcha green tea powder and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour in the egg white and use an electric mixer to beat until foamy.
- Add in the cream of tartar and beat for a few seconds.
- Gradually add in the sugar while beating until all sugar is added and the meringue is in firm peak form.
- Divide the meringue into 3 portions. Fold one portion into the yolk batter until well mixed before folding in the next portion.
- When all meringue and yolk batter is well combined, pour into the greased cake pan. Shake the pan slightly to even out the top and remove big bubbles.
- Place the cake pan in a deep tray and pour hot water into the tray to 2cm high to make water bath.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hr 20-25 mins. Use a cake tester to check if it’s cooked. Bake a little longer if it isn’t and check again. If the cake is cooked, close the oven door and turn off the heat.
- Open the oven door slightly to let cool slowly, for about 10-15 mins.
- Remove from oven and invert the cake on a flat plate, then peel off the liner. Invert again onto a wire rack to let cool completely.
- Dust some matcha green tea powder and icing sugar, top with some strawberries. Serve.