Making the Mango Layer
- In a blender, blend the one mango and orange juice until smooth.
- In a small pot, add 1¼ cups water and bring to boil. Add agar-agar powder and stir constantly to make sure the agar-agar powder is well dissolved. Add sugar and mango purée to the pot, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Taste-test and add more sugar and/or lime juice as needed.
- Pour the mango mixture into a 20cm tray or divide equally into serving cups. Quickly add the 1cm mango cubes and chopped mint leaves (optional) into the base of the tray or cups. Distribute them evenly and make sure they are well submerged. (Note: Agar-agar jelly sets at room temperature, so you will need to work quickly especially if you are making small ones).
- Refrigerate or leave at room temperature until the surface is set and no longer jiggles when you tap the tray or cups.
Making the Coconut Layer
- In a small pot, add 1⅓ cups water and bring to boil. Add agar-agar powder and stir constantly to make sure the agar-agar powder is well dissolved. Add sugar, salt, and stir until dissolved. Then add coconut milk, stir to mix and remove from heat.
- Gently pour the coconut layer over the back of a spoon onto the mango base. Make sure the mango layer has set before adding the coconut layer. If the coconut layer is not hot enough, the layers will slide off when cut.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs until thoroughly chilled. Then, cut into cubes (or diamond shape) with a sharp knife. Serve chilled.