- In a sauce pan over a medium heat, fry the onions until they become soft. Add in the crushed garlic, chilli sauce, fish sauce, palm sugar and stock stir well.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until most of the stock has evaporated from the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly.
- When the sauce has cooled slightly, spoon a portion of the sauce on to each of scallops and set aside.
- Heat a grill or barbecue and place the scallops on to it. Continue to grill until the scallops have cooked through. Remove them from the heat and let cool.
- Garnish with herbs and serve!