To Prepare Seafood Gochujang Fried Rice
- Marinate the prawns and scallops with potato starch and pepper for 10 mins.
- Heat up frying pan with 2 tbsp cooking oil and pan fry prawns and scallops till slightly brown on both sides. Remove and set aside on a platter.
- Toss mussels and clams into the same frying pan with ¼ cup of water and cook for 3 mins covered. If some mussels haven’t opened, allow them to cook for a further 1-2 mins. Remove and set them aside on the same platter.
- For the mussels, remove one side of the shell.
- In a clean frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 mins. Add in spring onion and cook for 1 min.
- Add in gochujang and stir it in the pan.
- Add in cooked rice and stir till well coated with gochujang and onion mix. Add in light soy sauce and stir for a min.
- Place the seafood on top of the rice and cover the pan with a lid. Cook on medium heat for 3 mins. Drizzle sesame oil around before switching off the fire.
- Garnish with toasted sesame and chopped spring onions.