- In a large bowl, place the chicken, rice wine, minced ginger, salt, black pepper and combine them well.
- In a separate bowl, put in 1 cup of starch. Then evenly coat the chicken, piece by piece with the starch and set side.
- Add a generous amount of oil in a deep saucepan or fryer, and boil it until the oil temperature reaches 180°C. Add the battered chicken carefully and fry them until they cook, approximately 5-7 mins. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Take out the cooked chicken and place them on a paper towel. Once the deep frying of all chicken is completed, using a skimmer, quickly scoop out any floating remains from the oil. Wait till the oil temperature reaches 175 °C again, then once again deep fry the chicken in small batches for approximately 2-3 mins. Fry until the batter is golden and crisp. Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, add in the Korean fried chicken sauce ingredients. Boil the sauce over low medium heat and stir well. Remove the pan from heat once the sauce starts boiling.
- Place the double fried chicken into a large mixing bowl, and then pour the fried chicken sauce over the chicken. Mix them lightly, but thoroughly. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and finely chopped spring onions. Serve it hot immediately.
- Alternatively, fried chicken and the sauce can be served separately where the sauce is eaten as a dipping sauce.