- Bring a pot of water to boil and in the chicken pieces to cook for about 15-20 mins. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Using a stone mortar and pestle, pound the lemongrass pieces until stringy.
- In a wok or pan, add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add in lemongrass to fry until crispy, strain and set aside.
- Next, turn up the heat and carefully add chicken to the wok. Continue frying until chicken turns golden brown. Remove fried chicken from wok and drain excess oil on paper towel.
- Place fried chicken and lemongrass into a clean pot. Cover with the pot lid and shake hard to mix well. Transfer gai tod takrai into a serving plate and serve as a snack with an ice cold beer!