- First combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Make sure all the ingredients are properly combined and there are no lumps.
- Add the pork belly to the marinade and mix well, making sure all the pork has a coating of the marinade. Leave to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- In a pan, heat up 3 tbsp of oil and pan fry the cubes of salted fish until golden and crispy. It is important not to use the dried variety of salted fish.
- Remove the salted fish from the oil and set aside. Reserve about 2 tbsp of the frying oil for cooking the main dish.
- In a clay pot, heat up the reserved oil from frying the salted fish over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and onions and stir fry. Once fragrant add in the pork belly and sear on all sides.
- Add in the dried chillies, and salted fish. Stir well and immediately add in the sweetened dark soy sauce, shao tsing wine and chicken stock.
- Mix the ingredients well and cover the clay pot for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the spring onions.
- Serve hot with a bowl of steamed white rice.