- First, soak shiitake mushrooms in warm water until soft for about 30 mins. Rinse the mushrooms and squeeze lightly to remove access water. Remove the stems, thinly slice the caps and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, sugar, corn starch, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, ⅛ salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 mins.
- Coat a large frying pan or wok with oil and heat over high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add in the marinated chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned. Add the sausage and shiitake mushrooms, and continue stir-frying for another 20-30 secs. Then, remove from heat, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Place the rice and chicken stock in a covered claypot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the rice for 15 mins over reduced heat, or until liquid is almost dried.
- Spread the chicken and mushrooms over the rice and continue to cook for another 15 mins with lid covered, over low heat until the chicken is cooked through. Stir thoroughly, garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.