- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, sake, egg, ginger and garlic cloves and mix well. Allow to marinate for approximately 30 mins.
- Heat up a pot of oil over a medium heat until it reaches 180 degrees Celsius.
- Transfer the marinated chicken in to the bowl of potato starch in batches depending on the size of pot.
- Remove the excess starch from the chicken and then fry in the oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels to remove remaining oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- In a bowl, combine your desired amount of rice and furikake together and mix till well combined. Top the rice bowl with the karaage, edamame, tsukemono and an onsen egg. Squeeze some mayonnaise alongside the other ingredients and serve.