- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, sake, egg, ginger and garlic cloves and mix well. Allow to marinate for approximately 30 mins.
- Heat up a pot of oil over medium heat until it reaches 180°C.
- Transfer the marinated chicken into the bowl of potato starch in batches depending on the size of the pot.
- Remove the excess starch from the chicken and then fry in the oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels to remove remaining oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- In a bowl, combine your desired amount of rice and furikake together and mix till well combined. Top the rice bowl with the karaage, edamame, tsukemono and an onsen egg.