- Split up kai lan by cutting the bottom stems, wash thoroughly and then drain.
- Prepare a wok or a big pot and bring water to boil.
- Blanch the kai lan quickly for around 30 secs – 1 min depending on how thick the stem is. Remove and drain.
- Place the kai lan neatly on a plate and then drain excess water. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat up oil on medium heat and saute the minced garlic until light brown and crispy. Turn heat off. Make sure not to overcook the fried garlic as it will be very bitter.
- Drizzle the fried garlic and oil over the bed of kai lan, followed by topping with the oyster sauce.