- In a stand mixer, place flour, salt and water into the bowl and mix with your hands until it starts to loosely form a dough. Using the dough hook, knead the dough on a low speed for 20 mins.
- Pull a piece of dough from the ball and it should stretch without breaking (the dough should be smooth and elastic). If it breaks, knead dough for another 5 mins in the mixer.
- Cover the dough in glad wrap and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Using a small fry pan, put in the cumin and coriander seeds on a low-medium heat until the spices are aromatic. Remove from heat and grind into a powder using a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Cut the tofu in half. Using one half of the tofu, cut into 1cm cubes. With the remaining tofu, slice thinly into 4mm slices.
- Using a medium size fry pan, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and heat to medium temperature. Carefully place in tofu cubes and fry until lightly browned, remove and set aside.
- Using the same frypan, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and the thinly sliced tofu and raise to a high heat. Cook until the tofu is crispy and has some crunch to it. Remove and set aside once done.
- Once the dough has rested, put it onto a lightly oiled surface and roll into a rectangle about 30cm long and 1.5cm thick. Using a large knife, cut dough into 10 strips.
- Using your hand, flatten each strip into a wide noodle – it does not have to be perfect.
- Pick up each end of the noodle, then carefully hit it against the counter (up and down – similar to a skipping rope). This will allow the noodle to stretch and flatten out further. The noodle should be about 3 mm thick, ensuring it is a similar thickness throughout the noodle. Repeat with each noodle, allowing it to rest on a non-stick surface, then cover with a light towel or glad wrap.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil to a medium heat, then add the ginger, garlic, spring onion, cabbage and red chilli, cooking for 1-2 mins (until fragrant).
- Add the mushrooms to the wok, stir fry for 2 mins. Then add Shaoxing cooking wine, cumin, coriander, LKK chiu chow oil, LKK peppercorn chilli oil, sugar, soy, vinegar, salt and celery. Stir for 2 mins.
- Using a large pot, put the noodles into boiling water and cook for 2 mins. (fresh hand-made noodles are quick to cook).
- Add the cubed tofu to the wok containing the sauce mixture and coat the tofu.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add them to the wok with the sauce mixture and cubed tofu and toss gently until well combined.
- Garnish with the crispy fried tofu slices, finely sliced chilli and spring onion.
- In a small bowl mix rice wine vinegar and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Place in sliced cucumbers for pickled vegetable side serve.
- Serve immediately to enjoy!