- Make sure your watercress has been washed thoroughly, watch out for any sand that might still be on the vegetables.
- Blanch the watercress in a pot of salted water until they have wilted. This should about half a minute or so.
- Remove the watercress from the boiling water and immediately transfer into a bowl of ice water. This will stop the watercress from overcooking.
- Once cooled, drain the watercress and squeeze out any excess water.
- Spread the watercress over your cutting board and cut lengthwise into 3 equal sections (they should be about 5-7cm long).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. You can use a silicone spatula or your hands so that the watercress remains intact.
- Allow the watercress to marinate for about 10 minutes in the seasoning, then serve with steamed rice.