- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add the fish and coat it in the marinade ingredients. Cover and let it marinate for 10 mins.
- Put wok/frying pan on the stove on low heat. Add vegetable oil and palm sugar. Cook until the sugar has caramelised, stirring the mixture a little as it starts to colour.
- Add in the garlic and pork belly, and stir-fry for 2 mins, then immediately add the marinated fish. Coat the fish with the caramel, and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the coconut juice and simmer for a further 6 mins. Skim off any impurities that rise to the surface.
- Sprinkle spring onion, pepper and chilli over the top, and serve.