- Add the sushi vinegar to the cooked sushi rice and gentle fold in to the rice until well incorporated.
- Combine 3 tbsp of the tempura flour with the ice water in a mixing bowl and lightly stir them together. Try not to over mix the batter.
- Put the remaining tablespoon of flour in to a separate bowl along with the cut vegetables. Season lightly before mixing to coat all of the ingredients.
- Pour in the batter and lightly mix through to further coat the ingredients.
- Heat a pan with about 2 cm of oil to deep-fry up to about 180°C.
- Place spoonfuls of the vegetable mix in to the pan and cook until golden on both sides. Let cool on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- When the fritters have cooled, cut them in to halves or in to sections that will fit in to the hand roll.
- Cut nori sheets in half. Place sushi rice and the rest of the fillings onto one side of nori.
- Fold the nearest corner of the nori over the filling and start to shape.
- The finished hand roll should be shaped conically to prevent any rice from falling out from the bottom.
- Serve with teriyaki sauce or eel sauce on top!