To Prepare Vegan Tuna Nigiri
- Heat up a saucepan with water and bring to boil. Make 2 cross cuts on top of the tomatoes and place into boiling water for 1 to 2 mins or until skin begins to slightly come off. Remove and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, carefully peel away the skin and cut the tomatoes into quarters. Use a teaspoon and scoop out the tomato seeds and liquid. Then, put tomatoes into a deep bowl.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over cut tomatoes, coat well and let them rest in the refrigerator for 30 mins or overnight.
- Mix cooked sushi rice with sushi seasoning while still hot with a wooden rice paddle. Let rice cool.
- While waiting for rice to cool down, mix all the ingredients for sesame mayo cream together. Fill it into a piping bag if available or you can use a teaspoon to drop a dollop onto nigiri.
- Wet both palms with water before scooping around 30g of rice and shape rice into nigiri form. Place a piece of marinated tomato on top. Squeeze some sesame mayo cream onto nigiri and sprinkle with chives or spring onions before serving.