To Prepare Vegan Temari Sushi
- Mix cooked sushi rice and sushi seasoning together with a wooden rice paddle while rice is still hot, then set aside to cool.
- Wet your hands with some water before scooping around 50g of rice. Place onto a cling wrap and roll rice into a ball. Repeat with the remaining rice (total of around 10 rice balls). Set aside.
To Prep Carrots
- Cut carrot into 5mm thick slices. Using a flower shape cutter, cut each of the slices to reveal the flower shape then blanch in boiling water for 5 mins.
To Make ‘Pleated’ Asparagus Temari
- Slice asparagus length-wise with a peeler and blanch for 1 min in boiling water.
- Remove rice ball from the cling wrap.
- To design, refer to image 1.1.
To Make Shiitake Mushroom Temari
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in ½ cup of hot water for 30 mins. Once soaked, slit a cross on the top of mushrooms. In a small saucepan, heat up 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar and cook mushrooms for 10 mins.
- To design, refer to image 1.2.
To Make Avocado Temari
- Slice avocado thinly.
- To design, refer to image 1.3
To Make Radish Temari
- Slice baby radish thinly.
- To design refer to image 1.4.
To Make Cucumber Temari
- Slice cucumber qukes length-wise with a peeler.
- Slice cherry tomatoes thinly.
- To design, refer to image 1.5
To Make Seaweed Temari
- Cut nori sheet into thin strips (½ cm).
- To design, refer to image 1.6.
To Make Spinach Temari
- Blanch Spinach for 30 secs in boiling water.
- To design refer to image 1.7.
To Make Capsicum Temari
- Cut both red and yellow capsicum into 3 sections each and roast in the oven at 180°C for 15 mins. Move into a bowl and cover for 5 mins. Peel away the skin.
- To design, refer to images 1.8 and 1.9.
- Garnish temari sushi according to image references with carrots, sesame seeds and micro herbs.