For the Broth
- Place the pork and chicken bones in a stock pot. Add enough water to the pot to fully immerse them. Cover with a lid. Over high heat, bring the water to boil. Once boiled, drain the bones and wash any dark marrow or coagulated blood off from the pork with cold water.
- Rinse the pot, put the bones back in along with the rest of the ingredients for the broth. Add water to barely just cover the ingredients. Cover with a lid. Over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Once boiled, simmer the ingredients in the pot while covered on low for 6-12 hrs on the stove, or 12-18 hrs in a slow cooker. Check the first 10-15 mins after turning down the heat to make sure it’s just barely simmering.
For the Pork Belly
- Put all the ingredients in a small pot.
- Simmer over high heat until meat turns golden brown and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and separate meat from thick sauce.
- In a serving bowl, add 2-3 tbsp of thick sauce (from pork belly) as base. Then pour over the thick bone broth to fill half of the bowl.
- Add ramen noodles and top with cooked pork belly and a raw egg. Garnish with spring onions and serve.