- Mix the minced pork with the soy sauce and a large pinch of black pepper. Combine well and form into meatballs.
- Boil the stock in a pot on high heat. Once the stock begins to boil add the pork and reduce the heat enough for the stock to be at a simmer.
- Add the rice into the simmering stock and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, celery and season with fish sauce, sugar and black pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with chilli coriander and the Thai fried garlic.