- In a frying pan, dry toast the glutinous rice until golden brown, stirring continuously. Transfer to a mortar and pound to a coarse powder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a larger frying pan, sauté grated galangal, lemongrass and chopped onion. Cook until onion becomes transparent.
- Add chicken mince, stirring to break up lumps until cooked.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Stir in ground rice.
- Add dressing ingredients and toss together with chopped mint, coriander and spring onion.
- Serve larb gai in cos lettuce.