- Combine yeast with warm water and set aside until foam forms. Mix flour and oil in a bowl and pour in yeast mixture. Combine until dough forms.
- Dust your worktop with flour and knead the dough for 3 mins. Place into a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside to rise for 1 hr.
- Once the dough has risen, place on a floured worktop and knead for another 1 min. Roll it into a long log then, cut into smaller strips (2.5cm x 5cm)
- Dip your finger with some water and rub onto the middle of a strip of dough. Quickly stick another strip of dough on top at the spot where the water is. The water will glue both dough strips together. Repeat with all remaining dough strips.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying over high heat. Place in the doughs and turn the heat down to medium high. Fry dough sticks until golden browned then, place them on a wire rack to drain off excess oil. Allow to cool slightly.
- Serve Thai fried bread with sweetened condensed milk or Thai coconut custard (sangkhaya).