- In a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Using a meat pounder, pound the pork chops to tenderize. Try to pound each pork chop into equally thick pieces.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then dust with corn starch. Shake off any excess corn starch
- In a large, non-stick pan, begin to heat up some vegetable oil on medium heat and add half the sliced garlic before the oil gets hot. Stir the slices of garlic around the oil to coat with oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, pan fry 2 of the pork chops until both sides are browned.
- Once the pork is browned on both sides, add half of the sauce mixture and cover the pan with a lid and let the pork cook for several minutes until the pork is done.
- Add half the spring onions to the pan and spoon the sauce and spring onions over the pork chops and remove from the pan.
- Repeat steps 4-7 with the other 2 pork chops. If your pan is large enough to fit all the pork chops, you can go ahead and cook them in one go.
- Slice the cooked pork chops into 2cm thick slices.
- Prepare your rice bowls by scooping 1 cup of cooked rice into each bowl, then adding a bed of lettuce leaves on top of the rice.
- Lay the sliced pork on top of the bed of lettuce and garnish with the cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with the pan sauce on the side.