- Peel the sweet potato and chop into medium pieces.
- Bring them to boil and drain all the water. Mash them into chunky pieces and set aside.
- Pour some oil in the saucepan and saute minced garlic, onion and mushroom.
- Cook for 5 mins until brown and the mushroom is softened.
- Add in the spring onion and some salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 10 mins then set aside.
- Place the mushroom mixture into food processor and blend for 2 mins. Pour the mushroom mixture into the sweet semi mash potato and mix them well.
- Shape the mixture into balls smaller than a ping pong ball size and freeze them in the freezer for 20 mins.
- Roll the balls into flour before dipping them into the beaten eggs and Obento Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Heat canola oil 170°C. Deep fry the croquettes until golden brown.