- In a saucepan, bring the palm sugar and water to a boil over high heat to create the Palm Sugar Syrup. Reduce the heat to low, simmer uncovered for about 10 mins while stirring from time to time until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture turns syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In another saucepan, mix the sago/tapioca flour, palm sugar and water. Mix well. Add the pandan leaves or extract and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 mins, stirring from time to time until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and discard the pandan leaves if using. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Let mixture cool down enough to handle, and form compact cylinder shapes by rolling the mixture on top of banana or parchment paper. Use toothpicks to fasten the ends of the rolls. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the grated coconut and salt, and mix well.
- Serve the rolls by slicing them into discs and coating them with the grated coconut, along with a drizzle of Palm Sugar Syrup on top.