- Add all marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add pork and mix to coat evenly. Set aside to marinade for at least 30 mins or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add about 5cm of oil into a large pot and heat oil over high heat. To test if the oil is ready, dip a bamboo chopstick tip into the oil. If it bubbles vigorously around the chopstick, then the oil is ready.
- Combine plain flour with cornstarch. Dredge pork pieces in flour mixture and gently lower the pieces into the oil to fry in batches. Fry for about 3-5 mins until they are lightly browned. Remove the pork pieces and drain over wire rack.
- Once all the pork pieces are fried and drained, double fry the pork pieces for another 1 min or so until golden brown. Set aside to drain over wire rack.
To Prep Sauce
- In a bowl, add constarch and water. Stir to combine until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple syrup, vinegar and ketchup. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and sauté until onion is translucent. Then add garlic and sauté till fragrant. Add capsicum and pineapple. Keep cooking until capsicum softens slightly.
- Add slurry into the wok. Bring wok contents to boil then simmer until sauce thickens.
- Lastly, add in the pork pieces and coat them evenly in the sauce. Dish out onto a serving plate, top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, and serve!