To Prepare Spicy Korean Rice Cakes
- If you are using frozen rice cakes, soak in water for 30 mins to an hour before cooking.
- In a medium soup pot, heat up water with gochujang, gochugaru, minced garlic, sugar and light soy sauce till bubbling.
- Add in fish cake strips and let it boil.
- Toss in napa cabbage and mushroom, stir and add in the soften rice cakes. Bring it to boil again and simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Let cooked rice cakes sits in the pot to allowed water to be absorbed.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions before serving