- If using chicken thighs in the recipe, cut them up in to medium sized chunks.
- In a large pot, bring enough water to blanch the chicken up to a rolling boil. Parboil all of the chicken for about 1 min before draining and rinsing the meat.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a pot, add the chicken, the sauce and the cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the mixture to a simmer and continue to cook the chicken covered for about 10 mins.
- Add the onions and the carrots in to the pot and continue to cook for another 10 minutes while covered.
- Next, add in the potatoes and cook for another 10 mins or until all of the vegetables have become tender. When this has happened, remove the lid from the pot and continue to simmer to thicken the stew.
- Stir in the sliced spring onions and green chilli before removing the pot from the heat.
- Serve in the pot or in a large bowl along with a good serving of rice!