- Soak the bamboo skewers in water to prevent burning.
- Remove the backbone from the spatchcocks and press to flatten.
- After marinating, secure with bamboo skewers.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small pan, bring to the boil and simmer until slightly thickened, allow to cool.
- Marinate the spatchcocks for 4 hrs (or overnight), reserving ⅓ of the sauce to drizzle over the spatchcocks when serving.
- Wash and cut a slit, down the center, of one side of each pepper, rub inside and out, with a little salt and set aside while cooking the spatchcocks.
- Place the kimchi ingredients in a large bowl, add the seasonings and massage through. Then, set it aside.
- Heat the BBQ plate and sear both sides of the spatchcocks, lower the grill temperature and continue cooking until done, when tested with a thermometer.
- While the spatchcocks are cooking, rinse the peppers, pat dry and stuff with drained kimchi.
- To serve, arrange the BBQ Spatchcocks and kimchi stuffed peppers on a plate, drizzle with the reserved sauce (warmed), serve remaining sauce and kimchi on the side.