- Grind the spice paste ingredients until fine.
- Soak the tamarind in water. Squeeze the soaked tamarind in the water to release the flavour, until the water turns a creamy brown. Remove the pith and set the tamarind water aside.
- Add the spice paste and tamarind water to a pot, bring to a boil and stir well. Lower heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in ingredients A to the pot and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add in ingredients B, seasoning and herbs and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced torch ginger flower and serve with rice.