- In a medium saucepan, combine ½ cup sake, 2 tbsp mirin, and ½ cup dashi. Then, bring to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to simmer and place the shrimp in the sauce. Simmer for 4-5 mins, skimming while cooking on low heat.
- Once it’s cooked, immediately transfer the shrimp to a container, saving the cooking liquid.
- Strain the cooking liquid, preferably over coffee filter or super fine mesh strainer.
- Cover and soak shrimp in liquid for a few hours (at least) or overnight. Serve it at room temperature.