- To make the prawn paste, finely mince the prawns with a butchers knife. Once there are no large chunks of prawn left and it resembles a paste, add into a bowl.
- In the bowl, add in the garlic, ginger, spring onion, coriander, Lee Kum Kee premium soy sauce and sesame oil and mix to combine.
- Cut the crusts off of bread slices and spread an even amount of paste on each slice, gently pressing the paste down into the bread to adhere the prawn with the bread.
- Add the sesame seed mixture to a rimmed plate with a surface area large enough to fit the bread. Press the prawn side of your bread down into the sesame seeds to cover the prawn paste completely. Then, move the bread to chopping board, prawn/sesame side up, and cut down the centre into two even halves.
- Whisk an egg in a large flat bowl or baking tray. With the prawn bread, dunk the exposed bread base into the egg to coat. Do not cover the sesame seed side in the egg.
- Place bread slices into an air fryer and cook for 7 mins at 185 degrees Celsius.
- Whilst the toast cooks, mix the ABC extra hot chilli sauce and Japanese mayonnaise together.
- Remove the toast for the air fryer. To serve, place the bread with chilli mayo and garnish with cucumber, coriander and red chilli slices.