- Wash daikon radishes, then leave out to dry for 4 days.
- In a saucepan, add the water, sugar, salt, vinegar and turmeric powder. Bring to the boil, stir until well combined, then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the top of the radishes, peel off the brown spots and roots on the surface, cut into half lengthwise, then place radish and liquid mixture into a zip lock bag and seal. Press gently and turn the bag around until everything is well mixed.
- Store in fridge for 1 month, massaging the pickle with the pickling liquid once a day.
- To serve, cut into any shapes you like.
- Tip: You can speed up the pickling time by cutting up the daikon into smaller pieces.